The network of La Maison de l’Artemisia is made up of 130 Artemisia Houses across 28 countries, as well as numerous research scientists and universities in the North and South.
The Artemisia Houses are multidisciplinary centres of expertise responsible for overseeing the cultivation and the responsible and ethical distribution of Artemisia.
« Traditional Medicine, of proven quality, safety, and efficacy, contributes to the goal of ensuring that all people have access to care » and « will help health care leaders to develop solutions that contribute to a broader vision of improved health and patient autonomy»
WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-2023
Science & innovation
Artemisia annua and afra herbal teas have been used for centuries in China and Africa against parasites. We are doing our utmost to accelerate the recognition of their use in the health care system for the most disadvantaged populations.
In recent years, the pace of medical publications on Artemisia has accelerated. New scientific articles on human, animal and environmental health are opening up extremely interesting perspectives.
La Maison de l’Artemisia association strongly advises against the use of Artemisia herbal tea for all travellers from countries where malaria is not endemic and who have access to medication currently recommended by the WHO.
- 01 Feb 2024Artemisia ambassadors in DRC
- 18 Jan 2024Happy new year. Moving forward together !
- 11 Dec 2023Assignments in Mali and Senegal
- 11 Dec 2023Improving employee health with Artemisia in Congo
- 11 Dec 2023Great Lakes Africa Mission
- 27 Nov 2023A global project in Senegal, co-constructed with farmers
- Accessible treatment against malaria29 Feb 2024
- A tea filled with hope23 Jan 2024
- Study reveals potential utility of artemisinin-based treatments against SARS-CoV-206 Oct 2020
- Mexico City selects patients for COVID-19 treatment trials29 Sep 2020
- Cech lab receives funding to study how plant medicines can treat disease18 Sep 2020
- Coronavirus: What do we know about the Artemisia plant?10 Sep 2020
The agronomist in Musigati in Bubanza province, Burundi, swears by Artemisia. He was very ill and now he no longer has malaria.